EVENT 2 Year Limited Warranty - Terms and Conditions
All Event Speakers are covered by a limited warranty for two (2) years from the date of purchase.
The terms and conditions of the EVENT limited warranty are:
- The warranty only applies to EVENT Speakers purchased from authorised EVENT dealers. The authorised dealers of EVENT Speakers in all regions are listed at www.eventelectronics.com.
- The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship of the EVENT Speakers, and is limited to the repair or replacement of the EVENT Speaker or Speakers. In its sole discretion, EVENT may (a) repair the EVENT Speaker or Speakers; (b) replace the EVENT Speaker or Speakers with a new EVENT Speaker or Speakers of the same model, or (c) replace the EVENT Speakers with new EVENT Speakers of the similar specification, in circumstances where the same EVENT Speaker or Speakers are no longer available, or the repair of the EVENT Speaker or Speakers is not possible or not economically viable.
- The warranty does not cover any of the following: damage caused by the user; spillages or moisture; neglect, abuse or misuse, including but not limited to the failure to use the EVENT Speakers for their normal purpose in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for usage, failure to properly maintain the EVENT Speakers in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, and/or the failure to use the EVENT Speakers in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications; normal wear and tear; use of the EVENT Speakers with incompatible or faulty equipment; unauthorised modifications; repairs conducted by unauthorised persons or service centres; the model and/or serial number of the EVENT Speakers being altered, removed or made illegible; accidents; or acts of god or any cause beyond the control of EVENT.
- The warranty is transferable during the term of the prescribed warranty period of the EVENT Speakers.
- The warranty does not affect any statutory rights that the original purchaser may have in accordance with the law applicable in the jurisdiction where the EVENT Speakers were purchased, or any rights that the original purchaser may have against the authorised EVENT dealer pursuant to their original purchase agreement. Such statutory rights may not apply to subsequent owners of the EVENT Speakers.
- EVENT will not accept any warranty repair or replacement without the original proof or purchase of the EVENT Speakers. It is the original purchaser's responsibility to keep the original proof of purchase safe at all times, as EVENT is not obliged to provide a replacement of the original proof or purchase, and to transfer that proof of purchase to any subsequent owners of the EVENT Speakers.
- In order to claim pursuant to this warranty during the prescribed warranty period, the claimant must (a) go online to www.eventelectronics.com/support.php and enter the warranty claim details in the "contact support" form; (b) upon verification of the warranty claim by EVENT support, the claimant will receive an RA claim number; and (c) thereafter deliver the EVENT Speaker or Speakers to the authorised EVENT service centre in the region in which the EVENT Speakers was originally purchased, together with the RA number.
- The list of authorised EVENT service centres in each region is available at www.eventelectronics.com/dealers.php.
- In all circumstances, a claimant under this warranty will be liable for all costs in delivering their EVENT Speaker or Speakers to the authorised EVENT service centre for warranty repair or replacement and for all costs in collecting the repaired or replacement EVENT Speakers from that authorised EVENT service centre. That authorised EVENT service centre may waive the cost of return shipping to a nominated address after the warranty repair or replacement in that service centre's sole discretion.
- Once the EVENT Speakers have been received, the authorised EVENT service centre will assess the warranty claim and then arrange repair or replacement in accordance with the warranty procedure prescribed by EVENT for their authorised service centre network. The warranty repair or replacement will be conducted by the authorised EVENT service centre as promptly as possible and within a reasonable time from the date of submission of the warranty claim.
- Any repair of EVENT Speakers pursuant to this warranty will not terminate this warranty, and this warranty will continue to apply for the existing prescribed warranty period.
- Any replacement of EVENT Speakers pursuant to this warranty will terminate this warranty, and a new warranty will apply to the replacement EVENT Speakers.
- EVENT shall not be liable for any damages in excess of the purchase price of the EVENT Speakers arising out of any direct or indirect loss suffered in connection with the use of the EVENT Speakers, insofar as any such liability may be limited as such by law in the jurisdiction where the EVENT Speakers were purchased.
Additional terms & conditions for Opal owners claiming the StudioEQ calibration package
- Instructions on how to claim and the Offer form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer is open to any person aged 16 years or over who purchases a pair of EVENT Opal Speakers from an authorised EVENT retailer, upon which the purchaser will be entitled to claim one StudioEQ per pair of Opal Speakers purchased in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Offer commences on January 1st, 2009, and closes on the date and time announced by EVENT on its website and through its other communication channels (the "Offer Period").
- To be eligible to claim, eligible claimants must purchase a pair of EVENT Opal Speakers from a participating and authorised EVENT retailer during the Offer Period. Authorised retailers can be found here but it is the claimant's responsibility to check that the specific authorised retailer is participating in the Offer. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, ‘purchase' means payment in full of the full recommended retail price of the EVENT Opal Speakers.
- To claim, after the purchase of the EVENT Opal Speakers, the claimant must then visit www.eventelectronics.com, follow the prompts to the claim form page, input the requested details including but not limited to: the serial number of the EVENT Opal Speakers purchased; the proof of purchase of the EVENT Opal Speakers purchased; name and address details; and any other details requested; and submit the fully completed online claim form.
- Alternatively, if the claimant does not have internet access, to claim, after the purchase of the EVENT Opal Speakers, the claimant must telephone the specified number (+1 805 284-9945), follow the prompts and leave the requested details. Thereafter, the EVENT will send to the claimant a claim form upon which the claimant will enter the requested details including but not limited to: the serial number of the EVENT Opal Speakers purchased; the original purchase receipt of the EVENT Opal Speakers purchased; name and address details; and any other details requested; and send the completed claim form to "StudioEQ Offer", EVENT Speakers, 107 Carnavon Street, Silverwater NSW 2127 AUSTRALIA.
- Claims, whether by internet or telephone, must be submitted within 30 days of the purchase being made. Claimants will be required to send their original purchase receipt in a stamped envelope to "StudioEQ Offer", EVENT Speakers, 107 Carnavon Street, Silverwater NSW 2127 AUSTRALIA for validation. All purchase receipts must be received by the Promoter within 14 days of submitting their online claim form, or together with the original claim form for claimants using the specified phone number. Original purchase receipts will be returned to the claimant at the time of receiving the StudioEQ. EVENT recommends that claimants retain a photocopy of their original purchase receipts for their records. All claims must be carried out by the actual Purchaser of the EVENT Opal Speakers. Claims or registrations by any other person will not be accepted.
- EVENT reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant's identity and age) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) claim is permitted per pair of EVENT Opal Speakers purchased.
- Every valid claim received will be provided a brand new, boxed StudioEQ together with the associated cables and software. Claimants should allow at least 60 days from the date their claim form is submitted or original purchase documentation is received by EVENT (whichever is the later), to receive their StudioEQ. EVENT's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The costs of shipping the StudioEQ to the claimant shall be borne by EVENT, but any Duty or Taxes imposed by the Country of residence of the claimant shall be borne solely by the claimant.
- The Claimant, once a StudioEQ has been received, will not be entitled to return the EVENT Opal Speakers for a refund of the purchase price or a refund of the full recommended retail purchase price for any reason whatsoever. Notwithstanding, the full manufacturer's warranty will apply to the StudioEQ received, and this clause does not limit or affect the claimant's rights with regards to warranties on this product either from the manufacturer or implied by legislation.
- The StudioEQ's received pursuant to this offer are not transferable, exchangeable, or to be resold by the claimant and the Offer cannot be taken as cash. The warranty applicable to all StudioEQ's shall remain with the original claimant only.
- If this Offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of EVENT, EVENT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Offer, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Offer website is the claimant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. EVENT makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Offer.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, EVENT (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Offer, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under EVENT's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim, original purchase documentation or gift that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by EVENT) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of EVENT; (d) any variation in the specifications of the StudioEQ to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any StudioEQ that has not been received by the claimant after dispatch by EVENT; (f) any StudioEQ that has been damaged in transit; (g) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (h) use of the StudioEQ by the claimant.
- The Promoter of this Offer is EVENT Speakers of 107 Carnavon Street, Silverwater NSW 2127 AUSTRALIA